WHAT IS HONEY?
Honey is the by product of Bees. The use of honey dates back thousands of years. Honey is a sweet alternative to sugar. A honey’s flavor and color depend on what the bees are eating.
TYPES OF HONEY
There are more than 300 distinct varieties of honey.
Is the honey taken directly from the hive beeswax.
Is honey prepared by cutting the wax caps and processing the combs in a extractor.
Is honey in powdered form.
Is a blend of granulated honey and liquid honey.
Is honey comb stored with honey over it.
Raw vs. Pasteurized Honey
Is honey that has been treated with heat (to kill bacteria), then strained.
TYPES OF HONEY
Honey varieties are named for the flower source.
Is honey from Alfalfa flower, and is light amber is color.
Is honey from the avocado flower, and is dark in color.
Is honey from basswood blossoms, and is white in color.
Is honey from blueberry flowers, and is light amber in color.
Is honey from the buckwheat flower, and is dark brown in color.
Is honey from the clover flowers, and is white to amber in color.
Is honey from the eucalyptus plant, and varies in color.
Is honey from orange blossoms, and is amber in color.
Is honey from the sage flower, and is white to light amber in color.
Is honey from the sour-wood tree, and is dark amber in color.
BENEFITS OF HONEY
- Helps prevent cancer and heart disease.
- Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Increases athletic performance.
- Reduces cough and throat irritation.
- Balances the 5 elements.
- Helps regulate blood sugar.
- Heals wounds and burns.
- Is a probiotic.
- Helps improve skin.
- Boost energy.
- Excellent Source of Antioxidants.
- Supports Good Bacteria.
- Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Properties.
- Slows Aging.
- Aids in relieving morning sickness.
- Raw honey can be used as a medication for issues related to male impotence and female infertility.
- A salve made of honey can be applied to eczema, canker sores or bleeding gums.
- Calcium absorption and hemoglobin count can be increased by raw honey to prevent anemia.
- Honey acts as a sedative and is very useful in bed wetting disorders.