WHAT IS ART THERAPY ?
Art therapy is way to use different forms of art to help improve mental and physical issues. It is thought that through creative process one can help resolve problems, conflicts, develop communication skills and so much more. It’s a non invasive and fun way to heal the mind/body/soul
People have used art to express themselves for thousands of years. Art therapy was formed in the middle of the 20th-century.
Who Can Benefit From Art Therapy?
- Children with learning disabilities
- Adults experiencing stress
- Children with behavioral or social problems
- People with mental health issues
- Individuals suffering from a brain injury
- Children and Adults who suffered a traumatic event
BENEFITS OF ART THERAPY
Art therapy have many benefits. Some benefits to art therapy include: helps children and adults express themselves, helps people see things in a different way, helps people process emotions and feelings, learn communication skills, learn to coup with grief, helps improve mental/physical symptoms, reduces pain, helps with anxiety, helps work through abuse and variety of other uses.